5 Boudoir Misconceptions
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, first off thank you! Second, you already know I love boudoir photography! I even have a special ladies-only group for my boudoir photography. It promotes a positive, empowering environment for ladies of any age and body type to ask any questions they may have and feel great about themselves.
I typically shoot boudoir sessions in my studio in Toledo or at various Airbnbs in Ohio. This allows for different settings and for the ladies to really use their environments to feel sexy and empowered. After all, my goal is just that: to make my clients feel sexy and empowered.
As a Toledo boudoir photographer, I’ve heard so many misconceptions about the art. Let’s address some of those, shall we?
1. It’s Porn. I HATE HATE HATE this misconception. Boudoir has nothing to do with porn. Boudoir is an artwork about empowering women and making them feel comfortable in their own bodies.
2. You need the PERFECT body. Let me tell you, you have the perfect body for boudoir no matter what you look like! I will continue to repeat this - the goal is to make you feel sexy and empowered just as you are.
3. I don't have anyone to give photos to. Girl, boudoir is a gift for yourself! Yes, you can give your photos to your partner if you’d like, but the real gift is feeling sexy in your own skin. Your photos are private, and I won’t share them unless you give me permission. You owe it to yourself to feel amazing.
4. You need expensive lingerie or to be naked. Grab your partner’s t-shirt and come on down! You don’t even need lingerie for a boudoir shoot - t-shirts, blankets, scarves, etc. make excellent lingerie alternatives. If you’d like some, I have a client closet you are more than welcome to use or hit up Shein, Forever 21 or even Amazon (I’ll share some of my faves below). You’ll be surprised what you can find for under $20. If you are worried about being naked, you don’t need to be. Only strip down to your comfort zone.
5. You’re awkward. Cool, so am I. Now that that’s out of the way: getting in front of the camera can be nerve-wracking for some people. My goal is to make you feel comfortable and empower you. You are in a judgment-free zone with me. I’ll be your hype girl! Boudoir is a chance to put your fears behind you and try something truly empowering. You’ll realize you’re not as awkward as you think you are.